Liquid Imagination looks for poetry that is rhythmically beautiful and image driven (abstractions need to be replaced with concrete images). The words should be liquid and the elements of well-crafted poetry should be dissolved in them: language, image, music, structure.
We encourage all genres (especially speculative) as long as they are written with literary quality and possess literary depth. Though we do not discourage rhyming poetry, we prefer open (free) verse.
If you are amenable to suggested edits, please follow these guidelines:
- Submit up to 5 poems (previously unpublished anywhere) in a single Word document
- Each poem begins on a new page and is left-justified
- Include a cover letter with your poem(s) submission
- Cover letter needs to include your contact info and a 3rd person bio
- Title the file with your last name
The best way to determine our editorial focus is to read what the current poetry editor has accepted. Please refrain from having to explain your poems before I read them.
John C. Mannone